Avionics Maintenance Technician
Mountain Aviation, LLC •
Wheels Up is looking for a world-class Avionics Maintenance Technician to join our team of dedicated and passionate professionals, fueled by the most powerful brand in private aviation, as we continue our mission of democratizing the private aviation space through cutting-edge technology and innovative product and service offerings.
- Inspect, test, troubleshoot, and repair aircraft communication, navigation, pulse, flight control, voice recorder, flight data recorder, TCAS systems, instrumentation, and electrical/electronic accessories and systems.
- Make critical decisions regarding aircraft safety in a timely manner.
- Complete all documentation and paperwork in a neat and proficient manner according to the Company policies and procedures, as well as per FAR 65.81 and 65.83.Maintain adequate number and quality of tools necessary to perform assigned tasks.
- Understand and follow procedures out of the aircraft manufacture's maintenance manuals.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned by the Supervisor of Maintenance, Manager of Maintenance, or higher authority.
- Current FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate required.
- Active, valid Driver’s License required.
- High school diploma, or GED required.2+ years' of relevant work experience. Must own and provide a minimum set of tools.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be willing to work in an environment that is subject to changing climate conditions and moderate noise levels.
- Must be able to exercise good judgement in a team environment as well as in aircraft maintenance and safety.
- Must have problem solving and organizational skills.
- Must be able to read and understand Company and Manufacturer Manuals.
- Must be able to perform all line maintenance functions unsupervised at any time.
- Must be able to lift and move items of 70 pounds or more on a regular basis.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Ability to bend and/or squat repeatedly and stand for long periods of time.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)