Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline required.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline, strongly preferred.
• At least 5-7 years of experience leading and supporting all phases of avionics software development from initial proposal development through successful design, qualification, integration testing, flight test, and production.
• Familiarity with RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO-178, RTCA DO-254, SAE ARP4754A, SAE ARP4761, 14 CFR Part 27 and Part 29 for commercial and military qualification and certification of aircraft systems.
o Familiarity with Open Systems Architecture and Protocols (FACE, MOSA).
• Experience with current industry software languages and practices (C/C++/C#, Python, etc…).
• Experience with software integration on DO-254 compliant complex electronic hardware.
• Experience with System Engineering (SE) and Configuration Management (CM) processes.
• Experience using test equipment for software design and verification (e.g. network analyzers, data loggers).
• Demonstrated engineering intuition, critical thinking, comfort with ambiguity.
• Strong oral and written skills.
• Ability to coordinate and collaborate between engineering teams, suppliers and customers.
• Ability to conduct trade studies.
• Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and Cameo System Modeler tool/SySML modeling language.
• Experience with Flight Test Simulators and Avionics Training devices.
• Experience in military platform software avionics integration.
• Experience with data bus protocols such as ARINC 429, MIL-STD-1553, RS-232 /422/485), Gigabit Ethernet, TCP/IP, UDP, DDS, TSN.
• Experience with System Safety Assessments and Failure Hazard Analysis.
• Experience with flight control based supervised and unsupervised autonomy software development and implementation.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.