Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Minimum 3 years experience with aircraft avionics/electrical modifications
Typical Education/ Experience:
- F-15 avionics/electrical modification experience
- Experience working with fiber optics
- Active Secret U.S. Security Clearance
- Able to perform connector terminations including shielded wires, coaxial cables, and fiber optic wiring.
- Ability and understanding of routing instructions and handling of harnesses.
- Perform efforts associated with sealing, wrapping, bonding, tying, and closure of wire harnesses and cables in accordance with standard processes.
- Demonstrates the capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform electrical modification/repair.
- Experienced in the use of tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of electrical wiring.
- Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED)
- 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+2 years' related work, Bachelor, etc.).
- Performs on and off aircraft electrical modification to electrical wiring and system components which includes but is not limited to:wire / harness / connector / component removal, installation, & repairs, routing, terminations, continuity checks, troubleshooting, and ADCP/ MIDS & disturbed systems operational checks / verifications
- Utilizes various forms of engineering and technical information such as modification drawings, wiring & schematic diagrams, engineering dispositions, technical directives, technical orders, & modification workbooks, part lists / kits, and ground support / test equipment
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of aircraft / maintenance safety, tool control, FOD, quality management systems, and industry standards relative to discipline
- This position is expected to be 100% onsite.
- The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at NAS JRB New Orleans in Belle Chasse, LA.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- An interim U.S. Secret Clearance Pre-Start and final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
JOB ID: 101004
PDS Defense, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call 1-866-224-2745 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Defense, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Defense, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Defense, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information, please click on the following link: E-Verify