CE Avionics is seeking candidates to work at our facility on the Orlando Sanford International Airport as well as assist our Mobile Service operations in the Lakeland/Tampa area. Interested Candidates living in either area should apply.
The Avionics Technician troublehoots and repairs (or sends out for repair) avionics systems that are malfunctioning in customer aircraft, and installs avionics systems and components. Communicates with supervisors and customers as required regarding the status and time frame of repairs and job completion. Uses sound judgement and technical aptitude to make decisions regarding installation, troubleshooting, and discrepancy resolution. The Avionics Tech is technically competent and is expected to be able to accomplish most of his/her duties with minimal supervision. As customer interface is anticipated, professional appearance and communication skills are required.
Key Abilities and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots and repairs Flight Management Systems (FMS), Satcom and Airborne Radio Telephone Systems, EGPWS/TAWS, communications, navigation, radar, TCAS/XPDR, DME, autopilot/flight director, audio, ADF, Cabin Management/In-flight Entertainment (IFE), and other sophisticated avionics/electronics systems.
- Installs avionics systems on customer aircraft.
- Sheet metal experience preferred.
- Proficient at reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, system schematics, and utilizing aircraft manuals.
- CAD experience preferred.
- Familiar with R.V.S.M., FAR 91.411, and FAR 91.413 certifications.
- Uses electrical and manual hand tools, test equipment, wire marker and soldering equipment.
- Documents all work accomplished in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Works fair share of overtime and travels to customer locations as required.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, and promoting company policies and procedures.
- Observes all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies.
- May perform other duties as required by the company.