Aero Air a premier aviation company at the Portland-Hillsboro airport, is seeking an experienced Avionics Technician. We operate and maintain 35+ of our own aircraft to include Lear 31 and 35s, PC-12s, King Airs, CJ3s, Cessna Mustangs, and Challenger. If you enjoy variety and steady work, come join our team, located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, in Hillsboro, OR!
Credit for valuable Military experience taken into consideration in this exciting career in general Aviation!
Aero Air offers a very competitive wage and excellent benefit package that includes medical, voluntary dental, voluntary vision, life and disability insurance and a 401(k) with a 3 employer contribution!
The ideal candidate will have experience working with Lear 31/35, Pilatus, Phenom, Mustang and Gulfstream, or any combination of these aircraft. We are looking for highly motivated people who will take pride in being part of our team.
- Research technical data and perform inspection, testing, adjusting, and repair of avionics equipment.
- Inspect components of avionics equipment for defects, such as loose connections and frayed wire, and for accuracy of assembly and installation.
- Test avionics equipment under simulated or actual operating conditions to determine performance and airworthiness.
- Continual use of test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, digital meters and counters, and circuit
- Adjust, repair, or replace defective components based on analysis of test results.
- Read and decipher blueprints, schematics, handbooks, and other technical documents.
- Calibrate installed or repaired equipment to prescribed specifications.
- Occasional travel to perform duties away from base.
- Repair and maintenance of Company equipment.
- FCC License preferred.
- A&P License desired but not required.
- Garmin experience extremely helpful.
- Corridor and maintenance/parts manual access software is desired.
Required Skills and Qualifications;
- Three to five years of experience in related aircraft avionics.
- Post-secondary education or training in aircraft maintenance or equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Demonstrated use of hand tools and equipment
- Valid Drivers License required.
- Able to perform physical actions with or without reasonable accommodation. These may include actions such as standing for long periods of time, lifting and carrying objects, stooping, squatting, bending or reaching.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Ability to travel 60-70 of the time.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Ability to organize and plan work, adhering to deadlines; attention to detail
- Mathematical skills required.
- Acceptable results from a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background investigation.
Aero Air, LLC prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans status.