Avionics Technician - Part 145 Repair Station - DTN
Metro Aviation, Inc. •
Metro Aviation is seeking an Avionics Technician for our Part 145 Repair Station located in Shreveport, Louisiana at the Metro Aviation Headquarters.
Our mission is to provide the safest and highest quality traditional aircraft operations, completions, and maintenance so that we will:
Our goal is to find qualified candidates who value our mission and contribute to our overall safety culture.
- Allow our customers to safely and effectively accomplish their mission profile,
- Allow our employees to exercise their talents and maximize their potential, and
- Ensure the financial stability of the corporation.
Job Objective: To install, troubleshoot, and repair electrical wiring and avionics equipment on aircraft.
- Fabricate and/or install basic avionics and electrical systems
- Assist with complex system installations and tasks
- Disassemble and reassemble aircraft interior as needed to facilitate avionics installs/repairs
- Light, sheet metal fabrications as directed to facilitate avionics installation or repairs
- Assist with wiring harness wire board set up and layout
- Complete wiring harness fabrication and installation
- Complete coax installations
- Complete or assist with electrical harness continuity and power checks
- Complete or assist with ground operational tests and inspections
- Knowledge of AC43.13 standard aircraft wiring practices
- Ability to read and interpret aircraft wiring diagrams
- Understanding of basic electrical components & systems
- Proficient with soldering and terminal/pin crimping techniques
- Good troubleshooting skills with both digital & analog systems
- Knowledge of autopilot systems
- Familiarization with basic Avionics test equipment
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-5+ years of experience with corporate or general aviation aircraft required
- Sheet metal experience preferred but not required
- Helicopter experience preferred but not required
- Walking, standing, pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, kneeling, squatting for extended periods of time
- Climbing heights on various equipment
- Lifting up to 50 or more pounds
- Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (High Visibility clothing, Ear protection, safety glasses) when required
Work Environment Characteristics
- Indoor/Outdoor shop environment with potential extreme hot and cold temperatures
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals is possible
- Moderate to a loud noise level
- Heavy machinery used
Expected hours and schedule
- Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Monday-Thursday 7:00am-4:30pm, Friday 7:00am-12:00pm
- Overtime necessary depending on workload
Metro Aviation is committed to employees, customers, and community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies, programs, and procedures that foster a work environment where differences are respected, and employees are treated fairly.
Metro Aviation prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Metro Aviation and its employees, including recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, wages and salary administration, employee benefits, and application of policies.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)