Avionics Technician-SHV-LA - Minimum of 3 years of experience required - 2 Openings!
Metro Aviation, Inc. •
Metro Aviation is seeking 2Avionics Technicians with a minimum of 3 years of experience requiredin Shreveport, LAat the Metro Aviation headquarters.
We are driven by a safety culture and demonstrate that commitment to safety by providing our pilots with industry-leading training and modern, well-equipped aircraft.
We are seeking aviation professionals that share our passion for safety and excellence in operations.
This position is a full-time career opportunity.
Job Objective: To install, troubleshoot, and repair electrical wiring and avionics equipment on aircraft.
- Fabricate and/or install basic avionics and electrical systems
- Assist with complex system installations and tasks
- Disassemble and reassemble aircraft interior as needed to facilitate avionics installs/repairs
- Light, sheet metal fabrications as directed to facilitate avionics installation or repairs
- Assist with wiring harness wire board set up and layout
- Complete wiring harness fabrication and installation
- Complete coax installations
- Complete or assist with electrical harness continuity and power checks
- Complete or assist with ground operational tests and inspections
Education and Experience
- Knowledge of AC43.13 standard aircraft wiring practices
- Ability to read and interpret aircraft wiring diagrams
- Understanding of basic electrical components & systems
- Proficient with soldering and terminal/pin crimping techniques
- Good troubleshooting skills with both digital & analog systems
- Knowledge of autopilot systems
- Familiarization with basic Avionics test equipment
- High School Diploma
- Helicopter experience preferred
- 1-5+ years of experience with corporate or general aviation aircraft required
- Sheet metal experience preferred but not required
Work Environment Characteristics
- Walking, standing, pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, kneeling, squatting for extended periods of time
- Climbing heights on various equipment
- Lifting up to 50 or more pounds
- Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (High Visibility clothing, Ear protection, safety glasses) when required
Expected hours and schedule
- Indoor/Outdoor environment with potential extreme hot and cold temperatures
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals is possible
- Moderate to a loud noise level
- Heavy machinery used
- Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Monday-Thursday 7:00am-4:30pm, Friday 7:00am-12:00pm
- Overtime necessary depending on workload
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC