Helicopter Specialties, Inc. •
Helicopter Specialties, Inc. is accepting applications for an experienced Avionics Technician. This position requires teamwork and is responsible for inspecting, testing, repairing, installing and upgrading avionics and electrical related systems on customer aircraft.
- Applicant should have experience in aviation electrical, communication, navigation, flight control and/or display systems.
- Read, understand, and use FAA approved maintenance manuals, illustrated parts catalogs, AD's, Service Bulletins, progressive inspection check lists, and other related maintenance documentation.
- Read and interpret blueprints and/or electrical schematics.
- Use testing systems to diagnose problems.
- Troubleshoot and test instruments, components and assemblies, using circuit testers, oscilloscopes or voltmeters.
- Analyze flight test data.
- Adjust, repair or replace malfunctioning components.
- Organize and operate ground support and test equipment to perform flight tests of electrical components.
- Assemble components including switches, electrical controls, and junction boxes.
- Connect components to assemblies.
- Lay out installation of aircraft assemblies and systems, according to planning documentation.
- Attention to detail.
- Document and report maintenance and repair work.
- Coordinate with coworkers on projects.
- Complete any assigned projects as required by management team.
- Ability to meet/exceed deadlines and time accountability requirements
- We are seeking a flexible person who is capable of handling multiple projects.
- Some travel may be required.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- FCC Radio License suitable but not required
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Agency (FAA) regulations related to maintenance in Part 145 Repair Station operations practical.
- Military Aviation/Avionics Training desirable.
- Aviation related factory training or Avionics sub-systems schools favorable but not required.
- Knowledge of Electrical Systems Ideal.
- Problem-solving skills appropriate.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)