- FCC - General Radio Telephone Operators License or equivalent.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- NCATT - Aircraft Electronics Technician Certification (recommended)
- Graduate from an Aviation Electronics training school or military equivalent program
- A&P License a preference
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with avionics installations and repair of avionics systems in general aviation aircraft
- Experience with avionics system in single/multi engine airplanes and single/multi engine helicopters
- Thorough knowledge of common tools, special tools, hardware and equipment used in the maintenance of aircraft avionics and instrument components/systems.
- Experience with Garmin
- Flexibility in work schedule
- Potential travel on short notice for limited duration
- Must be able to troubleshoot related systems and interpret applicable wiring schematics and technical data.
- Experience in Avionics install and upgrade
- Experience with Garmin Avionics
- Strong Computer Skills. Experienced with Microsoft Office and computer-aided drafting
Physical Requirements/Working Environment:
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for extended periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, climb up and down aircraft, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift heavy objects whose weight may exceed 50 pounds.
- Must be able to type using a standard keyboard to communicate through e-mail and various software applications.
- Will handle dirty parts and lubricants.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to pass a Respirator Physical and Fit Test qualification.
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, etc.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 pounds.
- May work in maintenance shop or outside.
- Must be able to work in a shop where the environment is drafty, noisy, and dirty.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from operating equipment.
- May be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts or vehicles.
Brainerd Helicopters Inc/dba Firehawk Helicopters and all its’ affiliate companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Brainerd Helicopters is a drug free workplace.