Coastal Winds Avionics •
Coastal Winds Avionics (CWA) is an FAA Part 145 Repair Station (CRS) located in Mobile, Alabama (KMOB) specializing in Avionics installation, upgrades and repair. CWA has immediate openings for qualified Avionics Technicians, Avionic Electricians and Installation Technicians.
- Install avionics and electrical systems into Part 135 and Part 135 GA (general aviation aircraft). These include ADS-B transponder systems, PFD and MFD systems, WAAS GPS, Autopilots, Nav & Comm Radios, Audio Panels, TCAS, EGPWS, etc.
- Lay out installation of aircraft assemblies and systems, following documentation such as STC packages, schematics, blueprints, manuals, and wiring diagrams.
- Complete wiring harness build and interfaces between different manufacturers
- Test and troubleshoot instruments, components, and assemblies, using circuit testers, oscilloscopes, and voltmeters.
- Familiar with avionics manufacturers and products like Garmin (G500/G600, G1000 Txi, GTN 750/650, GFC autopilots, G5, etc.), Avidyne (EX 5000, IFD 550/540/440), Aspen (Evolution 1000 & 2000 Max), Stratus Appareo (ES & ESG), Bendix King, Free Flight, Lynx (NGT) and others.
- Complete or assist with complex installation tasks and troubleshooting.
- Light sheet metal fabrications as needed.
- Antenna installations, skin doublers and coax cable terminations.
- Perform RVSM, FAR 91.411 & 91.413, IFR and VFR certifications.
- Assist with required logs, records and FAA documentation.
- General knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements.
- Disassemble and reassemble aircraft interior.
- Familiar with Part 23, 25, 27 and 29 airframes.
- Computer use for programming and software updates.
- Familiar with operation of avionics components and can explain the operation of such to the end user up to and including flight tests with the end user.
CWA provides industry competitive benefits including competitive pay, Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, PTO all in a relaxed and low-stress environment.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- At least 5 years’ experience in avionics installation (in general aviation); or equivalent of experience and education.
- Experience with schematics, wiring diagrams, and electrical components.
- Auto Pilot experience is a plus.
- Qualified to apply for a Repairman’s Certificate
- A&P license is a plus.
- CAD experience is a plus.
- Pilot’s License is a plus.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)