Avionics Technicians: 37188
STS Technical Services •
STS Technical Services is hiring Avionics Technicians in Ardmore, Oklahoma.
The primary duties for Avionics Technician are to troubleshoot, inspect, test, adjust and repair and/or modifying avionics systems, sub-systems and equipment installed on aircraft, in accordance to applicable Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations, predetermined company processes and procedures. This position is also required to assist in the supervision of labor and material requirements, upon request
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interprets and installs avionic systems in accordance with blueprints, schematics, handbooks and other technical documents with minimal or no supervision.
- Responsible for inspecting components of avionics equipment for defects and examining accuracy of assembly and installation.
- Troubleshoots to determine malfunctions on aircraft avionics and electrical systems components.
- Accountable for testing avionics equipment under simulated or actual operating conditions to determine performance and airworthiness of aircraft.
- Provides analysis of test results to identify adjustments, repairs or replacement of defective components.
- Assures that only tooling and equipment in current calibration is utilized for installation, repairs or modifications of aircraft avionics/electronic systems.
- May accompany flight crew to perform in-flight adjustments/tests and to determine/record required post-flight repair work.
- Inspects and tests aircraft communications components, navigation components, weather radar, auto pilot, compass systems and accessories, certifying that all meet manufacturer’s specifications.
- Responsible for completing all reports, forms and checklists, as required, in accordance with company, government and FAA regulations.
- Complies with all safety requirements and uses all mandated safety equipment in accordance with company, government and OSHA requirements.
- Assists coworkers and those in other departments to successfully perform job duties and functions when necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum five (5) years BBJ or 737 aircraft repair and maintenance experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Word processing, spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail, database software, inventory software, order processing software.
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations:
- Current driver’s license required. Airframe & Power Plant (A&P) and Federal Communications Commission (FCC) license are preferred but not required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
- The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, explosives and risk of radiation.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and smell.
- The employee is frequently required to climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.ZR
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)