Avionics/ Electrician Mechanic - Mobile, AL
PDS Tech, Inc. •
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Avionics Electrician/Mechanic in Mobile, AL.
To conduct, maintain, test and repair electrical/electronic systems and components in accordance with the repair stations, FAA's and manufacturer's airworthiness and maintenance standards.
- Perform all maintenance in accordance with FAA approved data and to the standards of good workmanship as required by the Client
- Keep safety of flight in the forefront at all times in the production of an airworthy product.
Scope of Work:
- Perform routine or special maintenance inspections to prevent failure of aircraft electrical and avionics systems and components; perform complete operational and functional checks on navigation, communication and flight control systems including instrumentation and pitot static installations, etc.
- Fabricate wiring harnesses, installs/modifies avionic and electrical systems.
- Determine when a component should be repaired or replaced; decide necessary repair schemes and quantity and type of parts needed to accomplish proper repair.
- Follow approved maintenance procedures, consulting internal procedures and technical data FAA approved.
- Perform serviceability tests on repaired components/systems using test equipment specified by the original equipment manufacturer.
- Complete work package documentation with sign off after finishing all designated operations.
- Perform installation of avionic equipment.
- Interpret avionic/electrical wiring diagrams, wire identification, harness fabrication, wiring and cable integrity, coax cables and fittings and connector assemblies.
- Adjust, repair, or replace malfunctioning components or assemblies, using hand tools and soldering equipment.
- Install electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems in aircraft, using hand tools, power tools, and soldering equipment.
- Interpret flight test data to diagnose malfunctions and systemic performance problems
- Set up and operate ground support and test equipment to perform functional test of electrical and electronic systems.
- Troubleshoot, repair, rework, and modify worn or defective assemblies, components or systems.
- Suggest improvements to processes and procedures.
- Satisfy work schedule requirements.
- Plan and perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Advise operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
- Inform appropriate management and line mechanics of potential electrical/ mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Perform preventive maintenance functions as directed
- Assist maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting.
- Assist and train other maintenance and/or other technical level employees.
- Maintain all hangar and shop tools and equipment in a serviceable condition.
- Ensure assigned work area is kept clean and free of hazards to both personnel and the aircraft.
- Follow all necessary safety precautions; hearing and eye protection, use of chemicals, engine and propeller hazards, fall protection, etc.
- Comply with OSHA Safety Regulations.
- Participate in on-the-job training as required.
- Observe safety procedures and personnel policies.
- Regular attendance required as outlined in company policy.
- Act as a positive role model in all aspects of daily performance.
- Perform any duties that may be assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent required.
- Certified by FAA with a current Airframe and Power Plant license is preferred.
- FCC 2nd Class License preferred3-5 years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, and the ability to demonstrate proficiency in these areas.
- Proficiency with interpretation of avionic/electrical wiring diagrams, wire identification, harness fabrication, cables, fittings, circuits and connectors.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical/ electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Ability to inspect and install digital avionics equipment.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently while ensuring quality work.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers to handle or feel, talk or hear and have good visual abilities.
- Will often be required to sit, climb or balance and work in close quarters.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment.
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required.
- Must be safety conscious at all times.
- Able to lift or help lift up to 50 lbs.
- Note: Noise level may be loud at times.
- Previous experience on turbo prop aircraft preferred.
- Must understand, read and write proficiently in the English language to read and understand appropriate manuals, schematics, and technical information necessary to adequately perform duties.
- Prior avionics experience is required.
- Prior experience in aircraft maintenance required.
- Familiar with turbo prop aircraft is a plus.
Certified by FAA with a current Airframe and Power Plant Mechanic license is preferred
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
English language is required; bilingual in Spanish is not required, but is a plus.
10% Potential Domestic and International travel
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)