Berry Aviation •
Position Type: Contractor
The avionics candidate will be expected to perform advanced avionics install and troubleshooting tasks on our Embraer 120 and SAAB 340-2000 fleet at Akron Canton Airport, as well as general A&P Tech responsibilities.
- Complete the launch and recovery of the aircraft for scheduled and unscheduled flights.
- Performs general aircraft maintenance on supported aircraft (to include aircraft washes and corrosion control).
- Complies with maintenance tasks assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor or Lead.
- Accurately documents all maintenance tasks performed on the supported aircraft in accordance with •Federal Aviation Regulations and local procedures.
- Completes the necessary paperwork for part turn-in.
- Assists other mechanics with general aircraft maintenance tasks as required.
- Demonstrates good housekeeping procedures to ensure a clean work area.
- Complies with requirements for control of tools and parts.
- Responsible for providing on-the-job training to other mechanics as needed.
- Attend training classes and actively pursue on-the-job training on the aircraft.
- May be required to act as a lead or supervisor for short or long periods of time in the absence of those •personnel (as assigned by the Director of Maintenance).
- May be required to obtain and hold a RII certification as required by the Director of Maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current, valid Airframe and Powerplant Certificate.
- Electrical Avionics Troubleshooting
- Perform as an aircraft maintenance technician.
- Prolonged periods of standing while working on an aircraft.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time.
Berry Aviation, Inc. is firmly committed to fairness and equality in the workplace. We value and recognize the unique backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of all employees. It is the policy of Berry Aviation Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without discrimination or harassment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, creed, or citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws. Berry Aviation, Inc. will comply fully with all applicable federal, state, or local fair employment laws that forbid discrimination or harassment on the basis of other protected characteristics. All new employees will be required to verify employment eligibility in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. Berry Aviation, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
All new employees will be required to verify employment eligibility in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. Berry Aviation participates in E-Verify.
For additional information:
Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster supplement: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JR
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)