At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Based in Wichita, Kansas, you will report to our Manager for Aftermarket Engineering.
In your role, you will:
• Create system schematics, system descriptions, interface documents, wiring diagrams, certification plans, issue papers, functional test requirements, flight test plans, flight test reports, and design compliance reports for new and/or upgraded aircraft systems.
• Review installation drawings, qualification test data and reports.
• Champion and/or support change management through research, concepts, design reviews, trade studies, impact analysis, and implementation.
• Find/Show compliance to 14CFR Part 25, Transport Canada, and EASA aircraft requirements.
• Research specifications for components selections. Work with suppliers and internal customers to assist with production and/or flight test personnel, investigating, troubleshooting, and resolution of build and test issues.
• Extensive coordination with suppliers and internal support groups
• Work in a team environment
As our ideal candidate,
• You hold a Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in electrical/avionics system design or related field.
• You have a working knowledge of applicable regulatory certification rules (FAA, EASA, TCCA).
• You are proficient with MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access)
• You have Engineering Design for Six Sigma or Six Sigma Process training (preferred)
• You have a working knowledge of electrical, avionics, and wire harness design guidelines for CFR Part 25 aircraft (preferred)
• You must be a self-starter, able to decompose moderately complex projects into individual tasks and processes.
• You must exhibit excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
• You should be an organized individual, able to work effectively with a variety of cross-functional individuals, departments and organizations with a general good attitude and disposition.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC