The qualified applicant must be knowledgeable of aircraft systems and maintenance practices experience as well as:
Licensing, Certification Requirements:
- Be knowledgeable of aircraft systems and maintenance practices.
- Be able to perform operational checks, system adjustments, and troubleshooting of communications, electronics and navigation systems as required.
- Be able to efficiently interface with Lead Avionics Technician.
- Be familiar or experienced in and with Global Hawk ground / mobile operations control center operations and maintenance.
- Be experienced with the fabrication of wire installations.
- Be experienced with all aspects of military specification connectors and contact terminations.
- Have the ability and capability to trouble-shoot avionics and instrumentation systems.
- Have the communication skills required to efficiently and effectively interface and coordinate with the Operations engineers and other technically qualified personnel.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of using aircraft technical publications-read, interpret, follow and basic comprehension of schematic diagrams, drawings, and charts.
- Have a working knowledge (input and extract data) of maintenance database technology.
- Be capable of working in confined spaces.
- Be able to work in the established work/living environment, to include shifts as assigned.
- Be able to travel as part of the maintenance recovery team and support CONUS and OCONUS deployments as required
- Be customer-oriented.
- Have an in-depth working knowledge of aircraft safety directives.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent and be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Have a current civilian driver's license, and be able to obtain and maintain a government flight line driver's license
- Have an in-depth knowledge (aircraft/vehicle movement and safety/hazards) of flight line operations.
- As a government contractor, Vertex Aerospace requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with Executive Order 14042. Exceptions to this policy are granted on a case-by-case basis for those that request a religious or medical accommodation. A vaccination status form and proof of vaccination, if applicable, is required.
US Security Clearance Required: The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Secret Clearance; Active US Secret clearance - preferred.
- Formal or Specialized Training/Equivalent on assigned aircraft and equipment
- Minimum five (5) years experience on Global Hawk aircraft - Required
- A&P license not required, but preferred
- U.S. Citizenship - Required
- Valid Driver's License - Required
- Valid U.S. Passport -
- High School Degree or GED - Required
- FAA Radio/Instrument Repairman Certificate and /or FCC Radio and Telephone Operator (RTO) Certificate - Preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25%
This maintenance classification activity is usually accomplished in a flight line-like environment with extensive climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, and walking demands. May require lifting of objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50 pounds. Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close and peripheral vision and acceptable depth perception. Work Environment: The diversity of working conditions range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards, exposure to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards exist.
Vertex is committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment in which we recognize and value each other's differences as well as fostering a culture that promotes its core values: Professionalism, Integrity, and Respect. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities:
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)