CBA2 - Avionics Technician (Gulfstream/King Air Experience Required) NASA Armstrong - Edwards, CA
Vertex Aerospace •
Aircraft Avionics/Electronics Technician – CBA Armstrong, Edwards AFB, CA
The position is responsible for fabricating, modifying, installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining ground, airborne and electronic equipment, and ground support equipment in accordance with established technical specifications, engineering instructions, wire diagrams, technical orders and procedures. Performs work involved in routine aircraft troubleshooting, disassembly, repair, assembly, testing and maintenance of electrical systems, equipment, and accessories. Gulfstream, King Air and fighter aircraft experience required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Constructs individual components of electronic equipment following detailed schematics, layout diagrams, and work instructions.
- Trouble shoots and corrects discrepancies by removal, repair, or replacement of defective or deleted parts of aircraft electrical systems by following blue prints, schematics or other technical references.
- Performs limited functional checks on existing and newly installed aircraft electrical systems and equipment.
- Operates automatic test equipment to troubleshoots, test, locate, diagnose and repair defective parts and documents findings.
- Performs routine inspections on systems and equipment.
- Repairs or replaces components based on test results by following blueprints, sketches, schematics, handbooks and or other technical documents.
- Fabricates, upgrades, routes and installs wiring harnesses.
- Represents group with team leaders, supply personnel, A&P mechanics, pilots and internal and external customers.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
Qualifications / Licensing and Certifications:
- US. Citizenship - required
- High School Degree or GED - required
- Minimum of Fifteen (15) years' avionics experience - required
- Minimum of ten (10) or more years Gulfstream/King Air experience - required
- Experience on military and FAA aircraft
- Valid State Driver's License - required
- Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) License – preferred
- The ability to obtain basic hand tools and toolbox within three (3) months of hire.
- FAA Radio/Instrument Repair and or FCC Radio and Telephone Operator (RTO) Certificate – preferred
- As a government contractor, Vertex Aerospace requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with Executive Order 14042. Exceptions to this policy are granted on a case-by-case basis for those that request a religious or medical accommodation. A vaccination status form and proof of vaccination, if applicable, are required.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Valid US Passport – must able to obtain if no current passport
- Clearance: Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Secret Security Clearance.
Up to 25%
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)