Electronic Flight System Technician, Pax River, 1st shift
Lockheed Martin •
Responsible for achieving and/or maintaining the flight readiness of all avionic and electronic systems on any prototype, production, or model change aircraft for final clearance and/or customer acceptance at home plants and foreign and domestic facilities of customers.
• Utilize schematics, wiring diagrams, reference manuals, etc. to install, align, synchronize, checkout, and repair a wide variety of complex aircraft avionic and electronic systems and circuitry such as automatic stabilization equipment, sonar gear, navigation equipment, flight instruments, electronic governors, couplers, etc.
• Troubleshoot entire aircraft avionic and electronic systems making all repairs necessary to achieve and/or maintain flight readiness.
• Balance multi-generator systems maintain current and voltage limits as specified.
• Synchronize multi-inverter systems.
• Be fully responsible for the movement of assigned aircraft through acceptance programs, the conditions of aircraft before presentation to pre-flight inspection and the clearing up of all inspection and pilot discrepancies.
• Direct and instruct up to 5 lower grade technicians with checkout and repair duties.
• Sign out Inspection Logs.
• Coordinate activities closely with supervisor and/or working leader to insure completion of work assignments by priority.
• Coordinate activities with Engineering and Supervision to resolve problems involving modifications, drawing or specification discrepancies, shortages, rejections, etc. and insure incorporation of all changes and modifications.
• Perform any hangar, field or shop assignment as required by workload or emergency conditions.
• As required segregate waste material and follow good housekeeping practices to maintain cleanliness of assigned areas and comply with all EH&S procedures.
Requires a well-rounded knowledge and understanding of aircraft avionic and electronic circuits and instruments including the use of various types of electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, precision meters, variable capacitance bridge, signal generator, field strength meter and others.
Ability to read and interpret complicated drawings and schematic diagrams, apply handbook formulas and utilize information obtained from technical manuals.
Equivalent to 4 years technical trades training with specialization in the field of avionics and/or electronics.
Must maintain current certification(s) as required.
Requires 3 to 5 years of experience.
Work will be performed at the customer's facility in Patuxent River, MD. While working at Pax River, Sikorsky employees must follow operating procedures as established by the customer which include:
• Must be a US citizen.
• Must currently have and/or be capable of obtaining a security clearance.
• Must currently have or be capable of successfully completing an NCIC criminal background check to access Pax NAS.
• Must currently have or be capable of obtaining full unescorted access Pax NAS.
• Must have a valid photo ID (driver's license + social security card or birth certificate OR US passport).
• Must have valid driver's license/vehicle insurance to drive on base at Pax NAS.
This position is dependent upon the anticipated duration of the CH-53K helicopter flight test program through final operational capability, currently planned no earlier than August 2023*. At the conclusion of the CH-53K flight test program, the employee may be offered the opportunity to relocate to the RMS Sikorsky West Palm Beach facility to support future flight test programs, pending business conditions.
*Based on test plan schedule.
Candidate must be able to work on any shift.
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: Standard Monday to Friday 40 hour work weekClearance Level: None
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)