Flight Readiness Technician B (Multiple Shifts)
The Boeing Company •
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is hiring for a Flight Readiness Technician (FRT) (Level B) for Multiple Shifts in North Charleston, South Carolina. This position will support the Delivery Center Team.
Qualified candidates will perform routine final component installation and verification, as well as, systems operational functional validation testing. Flight Readiness Technicians perform rework, modification, maintenance, preflight and post-flight checks for delivery, including, troubleshooting pre and post-flight checks and performs maintenance and modification actions for delivery.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
- Performs flight test installations and aircraft functional testing.
- Assists in troubleshooting pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and avionics systems to isolate mechanical and/or electrical/electronic faults and assists in repairing faulty components.
- Assists with pre-flight and post-flight checks and performs maintenance and modification actions.
- Resolves identified problems during operation and testing of deliverable products.
- Verifies the accuracy of work performed and may conduct self-inspection.
- Assists in performing system & sub-system pre-delivery inspections and aircraft maintenance in preparation for delivery.
- Participates in determining details of assignments to accomplish a wide range of objectives.
- Plans, schedules and arranges own activities with the assistance of lead. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Exhibits Boeing Behaviors.
- Must be able to work any shift including days, nights and weekends.
- Minimum of 1 year of Avionics and/or electrical experience.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with computing & operating systems.
- FAA Airframe & PowerPlant license.
- Aerospace, Fabrication, or Manufacturing experience.
- 787 Program Experience.
- Experience in a team environment.
- Team Leadership (Formal/Informal) experience.
Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+2 years' related work, Bachelor, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This is a safety-sensitive position and is subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) random drug and alcohol testing.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award:
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)