RS Avionics Electrical Technician I - Multiple Shifts Available in GAC Brunswick
Basic understanding of electrical. Prior experience preferred.
Education and Experience Requirements
High School Diploma or GED required. 2 years related work experience; or two (2) years of accredited schooling in aviation electronics. Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints and schematic diagrams. . Position Purpose
Assists in troubleshooting and repairing system discrepancies to ensure minimum schedule impact. Demonstrates technical expertise by implementing process changes to reduce cost and meet schedule without compromising safety or quality.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates basic technical skills in avionics and aircraft systems operational testing and troubleshooting.
- Under supervision, performs the installation and functional testing of electrical/avionics components and systems per Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect free system.
- Assists in ensuring quality and efficiency of all installations. Troubleshoots processes/concepts to provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems.
- Acquires and demonstrates the skills and knowledge required. to effectively and efficiently repair or replace defective components and wiring to ensure installations meet conformity. Demonstrates effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including splicing, soldering and pinning of wiring.
- Performs and complies with engineering changes and modifications as required.
- Assists in set up and operation of necessary test equipment; conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability.
- Under supervision, ensures that all work performed on the aircraft is properly and completely documented and ready for inspection.
- Tests and maintains test equipment, electronic systems, and components.
- Complies with the company FOD program, tool control program, 5-S program and all safety regulations.
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required. .
Perform other duties as assigned.
Requisition Number: 202402
Category: Service Center
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25
Employment Type: Full-time
Posting End Date: 01/31/2023
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
Legal Information Site Utilities Contacts Sitemap
Copyright 2020 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. A General Dynamics Company.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft