Veteran Aircraft/Avionics Technician - Greensboro, NC - NO LICENSE OR TOOLS REQUIRED
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions •
Now Hiring Transitioning Why LAUNCH: LAUNCH is a leading aviation employer with job openings throughout the U.S. We offer military veterans excellent employment opportunities working contract and contract to hire jobs with commercial and military maintenance, repair and overhaul facilities for both fixed wing and rotor wing aircraft. It’s an exciting time to enter the civilian aviation workforce and our dedicated military recruiting team, with many of them veterans themselves, help you maximize your earnings in the location of your choice.
Military Aviation Mechanics and Technicians!
• Within budgeted or estimated time, repair, modify, install, and perform routine maintenance of all Avionics systems with accuracy and with minimal assistance.
• Accurately interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, wiring diagrams, system schematics, drawings, engineering orders and other documents from both the customer and company.
• Apply deductive reasoning to troubleshoot and repair and/or check complex systems.
• Properly utilize Avionics test equipment to perform systems test and keep abreast of new and advanced test equipment and the use of such equipment.
• Properly utilized and maintain Avionics hand tools to perform repairs and installations. Keep leadership and coworkers apprised of work progress and/or
• Accurately document work performed as set forth by company and customer
maintenance programs on a daily basis using the standard format. Prepare
routine reports and correspondence.
• Fabricate per drawings and standard practices wire bundles and assemblies to include marking of wires, properly securing wires into bundles, and termination of wires into a variety of contacts and connectors.
• Take immediate corrective action regarding unsafe conditions.
• Operate ground support equipment e.g. power carts, HiReach, etc. as required.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Recent Military Aviation Maintenance experience preferred.
• NO FAA Licenses are required
• NO tools are required
• Working knowledge of Avionics systems and their operation and the proven ability to troubleshoot basic problems.
• A broad, overall knowledge of other aircraft systems e.g. hydraulic, flight controls, etc. and major components.
• The ability to perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions such as add, subtract, divide in units of measure and ability to compute rate, rations, and percentages.
• Demonstrated ability to research proper hand tools utilizing standard wiring practices manuals.
• Recent hands-on related, commercial or military heavy aircraft avionics experience.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Call Recruiter @630-387-6574
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)