This position is intended for candidates interested in our upcoming Dispatcher opening. Once we officially open the role, we will be looking at applicants immediately and will reach out to you about your application.
Authorizes, regulates and controls airline flights according to government and Company regulations to expedite and ensure flight safety.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare dispatch releases for Domestic, Flag and Supplemental operations,
- Monitor the progress of each flight paying specific attention to changing weather and field conditions at departure, destination and alternate airports.
- Records departure and arrival times of flights and keeps computer systems up to date.
- Provides weather information for flight crews and continuously monitor for changes. Updates the flight crew of significant changes to weather, field conditions or Air Traffic concerns and makes recommendations for changes to the original plan, as needed, in the interest of safety.
- Coordinates with ground operations on any crew or aircraft changes or disruptions.
- Coordinates diversions with station operations to ensure the best possible passenger experience.
- Records all non-routine incidents and completes appropriate forms and reports.
- Initiates emergency procedures and notifications when necessary.
- Coordinates with all appropriate parties any unscheduled operation of aircraft due to weather, airport conditions, emergency situations, etc.
- Provides coaching and on-the-job training for new-hire dispatchers as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess a valid Aircraft Dispatcher License.
- Possess Microsoft Office skills
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Four year - Bachelors degree.
- Previous experience in Dispatching or other airline experience.
- Excellent communications and customer service skills.
- Able to pass an FAA required 10-year work history review and pass criminal background and fingerprint checks.
- Possess and maintain a valid US passport or foreign passport.
- Authorized by law to work in the United States and able to travel in and out of the United States.
- Willing to submit to and pass FAA and Company mandated random drug and alcohol tests.
- Must be 23 years of age or older.
Ability to read, analyze, interpret and understand technical procedures and governmental regulations,
sometimes quickly and under stressful or emergency situations. Able to effectively present information
to and respond to questions from management, crew, air traffic control, and internal associates. Able to
speak and be understood in English in person, on the phone and over a radio headset.
Makes day to day decisions used to support strategic and economic direction. Able to process information quickly and react in a positive manner during unexpected and/or serious situations. Capable of controlling personal and emotional responses and acting appropriately under high levels of stress.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to sit for prolonged periods.
- Able to hear clearly verbal communications in person, on the telephone, and over a headset with ambient noise.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Able to work nights, evenings, weekends and holidays to support 24 hour operations.
Annual Operating Familiarization Flights as required by Federal regulation