INL Operations Support Coordinator - USA, FL (5754)
AAR Airlift Group, Inc. •
This position is in direct support of the Department of State’s Worldwide Aviation Support Services Contract encompassing scores of RW and FW aircraft operating overseas in direct support of US Diplomatic and engagement efforts in various nations. Working from the Operations Center within the Program Management Office—this position serves as the deputy lead operations planner and coordinator for all operational missions and activities in his assigned geographic area of responsibility involving multiple OCONUS Sites and several Operating Locations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Operations Support Coordinator (OPSCO) reports directly to the Regional Lead OPSCO as part of a small, regionally focused operational planning and support team. Serves as the #2 leader on the team.
- Coordinates operational support to multiple OCONUS sites within his geographic area of responsibility
- Orchestrates and directs time-sensitive reach back support for problems/circumstances impacting OCONUS Site current operations or personnel safety and security
- Lead Operations planner for future projects and contract efforts in his geographic area of responsibility
- Acts as the Regional Lead OPSCO in his absence
- Maintains full Situational Awareness of current operations and planned future operations. Supports as needed and coordinates the resolution of issues impacting current and future operations
- Responsible for maintaining a continuous and accurate picture in his area of responsibility regarding:
-- Location of assets and personnel
-- Operations Status
-- Threat Conditions
-- Weather Conditions
-- Significant Events
-- Issues Impacting Schedule Execution
-- Current and future missions
- Documents and report mission results and lessons learned
- Lead for several Acceptable Quality Level (AQL) and Customer Reports focused on operations in his assigned region to include the Monthly Flying Hour Usage Report(s)
- Plan, coordinate, monitor and controls ferry flights moving between the CONUS and OCONUS Sites within his assigned Region.
- Position requires a U.S. Department of State Secret Clearance
- Perform other duties as assigned.
B.A./B.S. degree from a four-year college or university in a related field and/or combination of education and related experience.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum ten (7) years of experience in flight operations, flight operations planning, support, scheduling and coordination in both international and domestic settingsPrior experience as a US military aviator and operations planner 2,000 hours of prior experience as a Pilot in command in RW or FW aircraft.
- Minimum 3 years experience in leadership/management positions in flight operationsStrong English speaking and writing communication skills.
- Combat and/or contingency operations experience as a planner and/or aircrew member.
- NVG experience is preferred.
- Spanish speaking ability preferred for the Regional Cell working the Americas
Job Ident #: