In our Engineering Intern Program, you can be part of a team that shapes the future of aerospace. Our engineering interns help turn dreams into reality, bring world-class innovation to market and help design our next generation of amazing products. You’ll also be involved with everything from Boeing site tours, to networking events and development opportunities. The intern experience goes beyond your assigned job.
We are looking for a candidate to work within the Chinook Through Life Customer Support (TLCS) & Chinook Engine Support Arrangement (CESA) Programmes based in Gosport, Hampshire. TLCS & CESA are Performance Based Logistics (PBL), Spares Inclusive Programmes, supporting the RAF’s Chinook Helicopter Fleet. The following main functions are covered from the Gosport Site:
- Programme Management
- Supply Chain
- Supplier Management
- Maintenance Operations
- Business Operations
- Engineering Supportability
Working within Engineering & Supportability, primarily attached to the Technical Data Exploitation Team on assignments and tasks associated with effectively supporting the Chinook, this normally requires multiple skill sets to be applied.
Accordingly, the placement would likely fit best with someone who wishes to experience a wide range of disciplines rather than a specific individual specialism. Work areas within the Engineering & Support Team are as follows
- Systems Engineering
- Field Service Representative Technical Support
- Maintenance Review Board Engineering
- Integrated Logistics Support
- Technical Data Exploitation
- Reliability Centered Maintenance Analysis
- Logistic Support Analysis
- Technical Publications
- Configuration Management
Depending on the projects and tasks being worked on at the time there will be the opportunity to assist with real time activities running through the office; these are likely to be involved with engineering, maintenance and support for all marks of UK Chinook aircraft. Depending on the student’s need and project requirements, sometime will be spent working in the various work areas learning how Boeing undertakes Engineering and Supportability of the Chinook in-service, and for modification and upgrade programmes, a block of time will also be allocated to a specific project. The project that will be selected will be associated with aircraft technical data, engineering support, technical queries/problems, RCM/ILS analysis and support product development, or a suitable continuous improvement project and may be tailored to the intern’s specific requirements whilst fitting with the overall company requirements.
The exact details of the project will be determined nearer the time and with consultation with the successful candidate.
- Studying for Engineering or Aerospace degree
- Good A level grades in Maths and Sciences
- Good Communication skills, analytical skills, a willingness to learn new processes and techniques, numerate and literate (Some report writing may be required), an interest in a wide range of engineering disciplines.
- Must be proficient in basic Office type computer tools (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- An interest in aviation and aviation engineering
- An interest in solving problems and analyzing data
- Working within a team environment
- Personal administration and organizational skills
Important information regarding this requisition:
- This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Visa or labor sponsorship for any applicants.
- All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
- The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a security clearance/check
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE