Aircraft Systems Integration Leader
Citadel Completions LLC •
The Aircraft Systems Integration Leader is responsible for managing personnel performing engineering tasking including design, analysis, substantiation, interpretation of aircraft manuals/ drawings, etc. related to maintenance, modification and repair of transport category aircraft. Coordinates the preparation of engineering drawings, reports and other substantiation data related to the integration of electrical and mechanical systems/ products in support of VVIP / VIP aircraft completions.
- Support the Engineering Project Leader or Sales with proposal development and research new technologies/ products to support future business opportunities.
- Ability to travel to support customer meetings and trade shows as necessary.
- Applies area of specialty to author engineering processes and procedures, as well as design, develop and implement creative and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Direct the design, development and integration of electrical systems & mechanical systems components in support of aircraft interior modifications and avionics upgrades (STC projects).
- Direct the preparation of Engineering data to include Engineering Orders (EO’s), drawings, analysis, test plans and other required substantiation documentation (ELA, trade studies, etc.). Approve Project Deliverables.
- Direct the preparation of cabin electrical modification/ installation work instructions, procedures and dispositions. Plan, coordinate and monitor systems integration activities to support timely engineering project schedules.
- Define personnel training and tool requirements to meet final product quality expectations.
- Develop Standard Processes and documentation formats.
- Contribute technical details to Customer Completion Specifications and validate Customer requirements.
- Prepare Documentation for Internal & External Design Reviews.
- Outline, validate and prepare the required Project/ Product Substantiation Documentation.
- Support the inquiries from Eng. Support Organizations.
- Attend Configuration Control Board meetings as required.
- Define long-lead materials to support accelerated project timelines.
- Create SOW’s and manage Engineering Outsource Partners.
- Support aircraft Production/ Manufacturing with the build/ installation of components/ kits.
- Collaborate effectively and support the Chief Engineer/ Engineering Project Leader. Maintain close and frequent communication with the Director of Maintenance, notifying him/her of progress and any road-blocks or threats to the project’s critical path that could impact re-delivery.
- Monitor and support systems integration kit development and parts suppliers (internal and external). Coordinate with foreign and domestic approval authorities and their representatives for any necessary assistance and/or approvals.
- Work with Engineering Leaders to establish work-share responsibilities for interrelated discipline work assignments. Other duties as assigned by the Chief Engineer.
- Strive for continuous process improvements and increasing efficiencies in execution and delivery with safety as a priority.
- Deal with Customers in a cordial, respectful and professional manner, and to see to it that all personnel behave accordingly.
- Lead by example at all times; through professional behavior, integrity, commitment to the company and compliance with its policies.
- Ensure the highest quality service, safety standards and performance, with the objective of exceeding customer satisfaction in the re-delivery of airworthy, reliable and clean aircraft, in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Aerospace Engineering or 6+ years of direct experience leading the design, certification and modification of aircraft electrical systems.
- With degree, 3+ years of experience in Aviation Electrical Engineering, including experience in the design, certification and modification of aircraft electrical systems.
- Experience with certification processes and requirements including Supplemental Type Certificate (STC), Organizational Design Authority (ODA), and other regulatory certification and airworthiness requirements.
- Engineering process experience with VIP and VVIP completions for narrow and wide body aircraft.
- Experience with AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or other engineering design software applications.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC