Effective 7/6/2021, this role is eligible for $5,000 (pre-tax) sign-on bonus.
The Avionics and Electrical Systems engineer is involved in all aspects of our product development pipeline for piston, turboprop, and jet aircraft. From continued field support of legacy jets to on-going line support, new product development, and aftermarket product enhancements. Their emphasis is on ensuring that the avionics and electrical systems on the aircraft provide the required and desired functions, meet the highest standard of safety, and meet customer reliability expectations. We are accepting applications of all experience levels meeting the minimum requirement.
- Prepare wiring diagrams and harness assembly preparation using computer-based design software (Mentor Graphics).
- Assist in writing test plans, conformity requests, functional tests, and compliance reports.
- Prepare functional test documents for avionics and electrical systems
- Assist in production and field support including design evaluations, troubleshooting, and root-cause and corrective action analyses.
- Work alongside other organizations from engineering, customer service, ISC, flight test, and airworthiness to support a broad range of projects by providing your technical expertise.
- Perform advanced electrical and avionics design and integration analysis requiring frequent application of electrical engineering principles.
- Prepare certification documentation including certification plans, ground and flight test plans and certification reports showing avionics and electrical systems compliance with 14 CFR Part 23/25
- Evaluate and analyze avionics and electrical system design for completion of function hazard assessments and system safety assessments
- Support FAA and foreign authorities in technical discussions on certification issues.
- Involvement in root cause analysis of complex failures to improve aircraft reliability. Including support of accident investigations.
- Participate in the development and improvement of the team’s processes and tools