Electrical Design Engineer: Position involves work on aircraft interior design integration of electrical systems, components, and new avionic system installations. Experience with complete Interior cabin layouts and configuration is essential. Candidate should be familiar with electrical systems such as, Switching Systems, Entertainment Systems, Galley Equipment, Monitors, Power Distribution, and Communication Systems. Candidate should have an understanding of wireless systems, to include Iridium, Inmarsat and High-Speed Data Systems. Understanding of the new EWIS requirements for electrical harness installation. Basic aircraft systems such as Cockpit Charts, TCAS, EGPWS, ELT, Cockpit Alerting, equipment installation and approval requirements, and FMS knowledge required. Generation and review of Electrical Load Analysis for production and modified aircraft as it applies to the aircraft outfitting and system integration. Creation of electrical design specifications, test plans, and reports for new equipment required. Must work with little supervision and be a willing team member that will perform work accurately combining sound experience with a common-sense approach. The qualified individual will adhere to aggressive schedules and budget requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Selecting appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guidelines for diverse engineering activities
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedules.
- Work without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations to management to determine appropriate direction
- Proficient in AutoCad.
- Office Products such as Power Point, Project, Word and Excel
- Familiarity with electrical drawing application to Supplemental Type Certificates and certification aspects of the data
- Proficient in CATIA V5-SmarTeam/Enovia.
Guides successful completion of major engineering programs or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of products and services.
- Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues.
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field.
- Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
- Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost, and schedule.
- Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results.
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative.
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.
Perform other duties as assigned.