Completions G700 Electrical Systems Design Engineer 2, Savannah, GA
Aerospace Professional Services, LLC •
Preferred Design responsibilities primarily involve the design and development of new and/or derivative versions of interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new, custom, and in-service aircraft.
- Familiar System level Wire Diagram/Schematic design for aircraft.
- Understanding of Aircraft Avionics, Lighting, and Audio/Video Entertainment systems.
- Understanding of design tools such as Capital Harness (CHS/XC), AutoCad, or similar 2D electrical design software.
- Ability to develop or decipher technical and test specifications.
- Basic understanding of Catia V5 or similar 3D design tool.
- Makes technical decisions and provides recommendations in a team environment.
- Ability to employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods as directed to meet the manufacturing, quality, and schedule requirements.
- Additional responsibilities are outlined in the job description and as assigned.
Performs engineering work related to the investigation and the solution of technical problems associated with research, design, development, service and manufacture of aircraft.
- Solves typical engineering problems within assigned discipline .
- Provides technical assistance to engineering staff and contributes to completion of project milestones .
- Responsible for a complex engineering assignment, or a full project of lesser complexity .
- Follows established schedules while developing plans for engineering assignments .
- Obtains appropriate level of supervisor approvals for work accuracy and adequacy .
- Proficiently applies company/organization policies and procedures .
- Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements. Maintains a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments and application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job
- 18 months of related Engineering experience.
- Experience credit will be considered for related advance degrees limited to 2 years for the Master's and 4 years for PhD in field applicable to the job position.
- The level of technical skills and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.
- Applies knowledge to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, using a combination of judgment with defined practices and procedures.
- Failure to achieve results, or erroneous decisions or recommendations, may cause delays in program schedules and/or allocation of additional resources.
- Ability to convey technical concepts in both written and verbal formats.
- Contacts are primarily within the organization, with occasional customer contacts on routine issues.
- Works under general supervision for routine tasks of minor complexity.
- With supervision/mentorship, can coordinate the activities for lower level engineering staff.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)