Responsibilities include performing stress analysis and related activities for new and derivative designs of interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new aircraft. This includes review of Engineering drawings, preparing load calculations, and writing stress reports in collaboration with the Structural Engineering group and Structural AR's providing approvals. Example designs include custom cabinetry such as galleys, lavatories, closets, and other storage compartments, interior peripheries, water/waste systems, entertainment equipment installations, and seating installations. Analysis of airframe modifications to meet the requirements of interior installation is also involved. Additional responsibilities include aircraft level analysis such as decompression and floor loading analysis. Analysis is done utilizing Classical hand analysis and Finite Element Modeling using FEMAP with Nastran.
Must have working knowledge of Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14CFR - especially Chapter I, Part 25), as it pertains to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulation procedures and the STC process as it relates to certification of Aircraft Interiors.
Candidates should have a sufficient knowledge of AutoCAD and CATIA V5 to adequately review Engineering designs. Must be proficient in FEMAP and NASTRAN. Must have excellent communication and report writing skills.
Assignments are executed under the direction of the Engineering Lead or Group Head to meet Engineering, Certification, and manufacturing schedules. Analysis methods and design standards to be employed are consistent with company standards and accepted methods. Additional responsibilities are outlined in the job description and as assigned.
Works on engineering projects containing critical problems, the solution of which requires major technological advances and extensive related development
- Responsible for an entire engineering project of major complexity within established scope.
- Makes technical decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have an important impact on extensive engineering activities.
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories and concepts based on broad expertise or unique specialized knowledge.
- Leads the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Acts independently to determine improved methods and/or procedures to optimize technical product, cost and schedule requirements.
- Works under consultative direction; uses independent judgment to accomplish objectives.
- Develops standards and guides for diverse engineering activities
- Conceives and plans investigation of broad areas of importance for which engineering precedents are lacking in areas critical to the program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.