Drafter II works under general direction of the Drafting Supervisor or designee. Responsible for completion of all drafting assignments utilizing the proper drawing formats, drafting standards, numbering conventions and design standards. Drawing assignments may include revising existing or generating new, detail, assembly or installation drawings of mechanical, structural or electrical aircraft component designs. Assignments may also include generating design layouts and checking drawings for standards compliance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Create new and revise existing engineering drawings in support of the modification or completion of high end VIP aircraft.
2. Ensure compliance with the drafting and engineering standards.
3. Maintain open and active communication to ensure accuracy and scheduled completion of drawings.
4. Ensure compliance with procedures governing drawing release.
5. Proactively interact with internal and external resources regarding design/drafting issues.
6. May assign drawing numbers using the Comlux Standard Document Numbering System.
7. Ensure all work completed is in compliance with all current FAR’s, the Comlux Aviation Repair Station and Quality Control Manual plus internal policies and procedures such as the Comlux Drafting Standards..
8. May work with Document Control and Planning.
9. Ensure accurate status of assignments.
10. Participate in the development of the Drafting Standards.
11. Other duties not specifically covered herein but otherwise assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. High School Diploma or GED is required.
2. Associates degree in drafting or equivalent technical training or work experience is strongly preferred.
3. 2+ years of experience working as a Drafter/Designer in Aviation/VIP completions or the aerospace field.
4. 5+ years of experience as a Drafter/Designer or equivalent with the demonstrated ability to draft moderately complex drawings, take ownership of projects and recommend continuous improvement opportunities.
5. 3-6 years or experience utilizing or training in AutoCAD 2009 and other 2D/3D software such as Autodesk is preferred.
6. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
7. Possess valid US Passport and be willing to travel as needed when requested.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Possess a strong working knowledge of 2D/3D drafting software or, demonstrate an ability to learn quickly.
2. Ability to perform complex mathematical functions as related to the job.
3. Strong knowledge of technical drafting skill, standards, practices, methods, symbols, nomenclature and engineering terms.
4. Must be able to properly utilize materials, reference books and catalogs as needed.
5. Working knowledge of MS Office software
6. Strong Knowledge of drafting software.
7. Ability to communicate openly, proactively and effectively.
Job Ident #: