Electrical Applications Engineer
PDS Tech, Inc. •
PDS Tech is seeking a Electrical Applications Engineer for an open position in Savannah.
In your role, you will:
- Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the production of Gulfstream products and services.
- Maintain Electrical Wiring Interconnect System (EWIS), capable of resolving all technical issues relating to EWIS.
- Produce and maintain wiring diagrams, cable/wire harness assemblies and rack/panel designs from electrical system schematics adhering to EWIS requirements.
- Specific knowledge of qualified electrical component selection, such as:
- connectors, backshells and other parts.
- Must have intimate knowledge of and ability to assign wires/cables to their correct harness assembly, based on EMI/EMC and system separation or system functionality requirements while meeting all installation and maintainability requirements.
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 5 yrs in the specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad engineering experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors, or 3 yrs in the specific technical discipline with Masters, or 1 yr in the specific technical discipline with PhD.
- Candidate must have In depth knowledge of electrical harness installation and design guidance documentation (AC 43.13B, SAE AS50881, AC1701-1); In-depth knowledge of FAR 25 sub part H (EWIS) design requirements; Knowledge of EWIS component qualification requirements and documentation (EIA 364, MIL-DTL-38999, MIL-DTL-50151); Extensive knowledge of EWIS component selection criteria; experience with Mentor Graphics Capital Harness System (CHS) preferred
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)