Electrical Systems & Avionics Engineer - Savannah, GA
Aerospace Professional Services, LLC •
Position Purpose: Works on engineering projects containing critical problems, the solution of which requires major technological advances and extensive related development
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for an entire engineering project of major complexity within established scope .
- Makes technical decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have an important impact on extensive engineering activities .
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories and concepts based on broad expertise or unique specialized knowledge .
- Leads the development of innovative principles and ideas .
- Acts independently to determine improved methods and/or procedures to optimize technical product, cost and schedule requirements .
- Works under consultative direction; uses independent judgment to accomplish objectives .
- Develops standards and guides for diverse engineering activities .
- Conceives and plans investigation of broad areas of importance for which engineering precedents are lacking in areas critical to the program .
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Unique Skills: -
- Previous experience with aircraft electrical systems and avionics troubleshooting in a production/test environment
- Working knowledge of aircraft electrical systems communication and integration
- Working knowledge of aircraft wiring and electrical schematics
- Previous experience writing/reviewing aircraft test specifications
- Previous experience with electrical system design, component certification & testing.
- Working knowledge of control & indication of aircraft electrical & avionics systems
- Familiarity with 14 CFR 25 FAA Requirements
- EE or CompE degree (preferred)
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 13 yrs specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Advanced degree in engineering or related curriculum preferred
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)