Engineer - Process Engineering
GE Aviation •
Roles and Responsibilities
The SiC Power Module Process Engineer performs a variety of complex tasks in SiC power module prototyping, process improvement, new materials evaluation, power semiconductor qualification, power module troubleshooting, power module testing, and SiC power module production transition as part of the GE Aviation Power Conversion & Control business segment. This position will involve hands-on work on semiconductor device processing in a cleanroom environment with respect to:
- Perform duties within a cleanroom environment for prolonged periods, requiring use of specific cleanroom (Class 10,000) attire, such as full cleanroom gowns, hair nets and surgical face masks
- Lead SiC power module assembly and testing activities in a cleanroom environment
- Operate various processing equipment including die bonder, wire bonder, reflow oven, stencil printer, plasma cleaner, vacuum mixer, and ovens
- Program automated assembly robot such as bonder, dispenser, pick and place tool
- Take both destructive and non-destructive measurements using acoustic microscopy (CSAM), electrical curve tracer, pull-shear tester and other complex test equipment
- Perform acceptance tests, interpret pass/fail or within range test results
- Perform failure analysis on the defective components or products
- Maintain and update existing bills of materials, reference documents, and process travelers
- Measure components and electronic products with destructive and non-destructive testing to determine failures and optimize processes
- Communicates detailed work status to Management
- Helps train, mentors, and supports the manufacturing team of technician/assembler to ensure safety, quality, and on-time delivery
- Supports Lean initiatives and provides continuous improvement feedback related to SiC module development
- Bachelor's degree in engineering related field
- 2+ years of electronics related experience in a cleanroom environment
- Must understand manufacturing process in cleanroom environment and be able to effectively trouble shoot problems
- Knowledge of the operation and uses of process equipment including die bonder, wire bonder, stencil printer, and soldering system
- Knowledge of Advanced Electronic Test and Troubleshooting techniques to component level
- Basic materials knowledge of solder preform/solder paste, conductors, dielectrics, adhesives (conductive, non-conductive), silicone potting
- Ability to work in a cleanroom environment for extended periods of time
- Aware of Cleanroom operating and maintenance protocol
- Lean manufacturing knowledge
- GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
Additional InformationGE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)