Engineer II - Completions Avionics/Electrical Engineer - Appleton in GAC Appleton
This is a Design Engineer position in Electrical/Avionics Engineering for Final Phase Completions. Responsibilities primarily involve engineering design and drafting of new and derivative versions of cabin systems as part of outfitting new aircraft. The design engineer will design installations while meeting the electrical load requirements and FAA certification guidelines of the entire interior installation. Engineering design work includes the creation of drawings using AutoCAD, Capital Harness XC and SmarTeam while employing design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods. Engineer may be required to liaison with the hangar and shop teams on engineering issues. Design assignments are executed under the direction of a Lead engineer or Group Head to meet the manufacturing schedule. Additional responsibilities are out lined in the job description and as assigned by the Avionics/Electrical Engineering Group Head.
- Strong technical skills with knowledge of electrical engineering prints and their interpretation
- The ability to effectively work with and support a multi-discipline team of engineers, technicians, certification personnel, etc.
- Knowledge of Autocad and/or Capital HarnessXC
- Flexibility to move quickly from one assignment to the next and the ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously
- Be a highly motivated, eager to learn and results driven individual
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's Degree Engineering or a related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job. 18 months related Engineering experience. Experience credit will be considered for related advance degrees limited to 2 years for Master's and 4 years for PhD in field applicable to the job position. Position Purpose
Performs engineering work related to the investigation and the solution of technical problems associated with research, design, development, service and manufacture of Gulfstream aircraft.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Solves typical engineering problems within assigned discipline .
- Provides technical assistance to engineering staff and contributes to completion of project milestones .
- Responsible for a complex engineering assignment, or a full project of lesser complexity .
- Follows established schedules while developing plans for engineering assignments .
- Obtains appropriate level of supervisor approvals for work accuracy and adequacy .
- Proficiently applies company/organization policies and procedures .
- Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements .
- Maintains a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments and application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise .
Perform other duties as assigned.
- The level of technical skills and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.
- Applies knowledge to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, using a combination of judgment with defined practices and procedures.
- Failure to achieve results, or erroneous decisions or recommendations, may cause delays in program schedules and/or allocation of additional resources.
- Ability to convey technical concepts in both written and verbal formats.
- Contacts are primarily within the organization, with occasional customer contacts on routine issues.
- Works under general supervision for routine tasks of minor complexity.
- With supervision/mentorship, can coordinate the activities for lower level engineering staff.
Requisition Number: 196088
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25
Employment Type: Full-time
Posting End Date: 07/31/2022
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
Legal Information Site Utilities Contacts Sitemap
Copyright 2020 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. A General Dynamics Company.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft