*** This position is open to Spring 2022 and Fall 2022 graduates ***
What we do:
The Flight Controls team is responsible for the design, development, integration, and certification of the Flight Control Systems across all large cabin programs. These systems are complex in nature and are designed by a highly cross-functional team of exceptional engineers in the areas of complex electronics, software, electrical and hydraulic actuation. We are seeking candidates with broad skillsets and various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals?and?work on one of the most challenging companies in aviation, from right here?at our Savannah facility.
What you will do:
- Develop, Design, and Certify hardware and software aspects of the Flight Control Computer and Active Control Sidestick as a Cognizant Engineer
- Support troubleshooting of in-service issue impacting component reliability
- Interact with suppliers during development, certification, and root cause corrective action
Performs engineering work related to the investigation and the solution of technical problems associated with research, design, development, service and manufacture of aircraft.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Solves typical engineering problems within assigned discipline.
- Provides technical assistance to engineering staff and contributes to completion of project milestones.
- Responsible for a complex engineering assignment, or a full project of lesser complexity.
- Follows established schedules while developing plans for engineering assignments.
- Obtains appropriate level of supervisor approvals for work accuracy and adequacy.
- Proficiently applies company/organization policies and procedures.
- Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements
Maintains a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments and application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise.
Perform other duties as assigned.