Manufacturing Engineers: 36613
STS Technical Services •
STS Technical Services is hiring Manufacturing Engineers in London, Ontario.
Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes; Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, or production build
- Analyzes space requirements, workflow and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Process engineering information through change notices, change proposals, Continuous Improvement Requests (CIR), etc.
- Review engineering change orders and support design for manufacture and assembly.
- Participate in cost studies, project time estimation, and technical proposals.
- Improves existing operations, incorporating new methods and processes.
- Reviews legislative and regulatory proposals or actions to determine impact on projects
- Define appropriate and economical process to manufacture a design.
- Continuing process improvement including troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Apply techniques to study manufacturing system.
- Review and recommend fixture and tooling design.
- Manufacturing Engineering Technologist Diploma or equivalent
- SolidWorks assembly, sheet metal, and part design experience
- 3-plus years of related experience with on or off highway heavy machinery
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Certified SolidWorks Professional (CSWP)
- Experience in one of the following systems: Hydraulics, Controls, Electrical, Hybrids, CNG, Chassis/Body Integration
- Experience with manufacturing processes such as fabricating, welding, and machining
- Proficient with Lean, Six Sigma and Theory of Constraints tools.
- ERP and MRP training and experience in new product development preferred.
- Environmental and Safety background as well as knowledge of Microsoft Office software database software desired
- Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of tasks as directed
- Understanding and acceptance of Lean Principles
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787 ext. 4262. They will be happy to go over benefits, compensation and more.STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.ZR
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)