Mechanical Systems Designer/Engineer - Savannah, Georgia 22361
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions •
Mechanical Systems Engineer
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Mechanical Systems Engineer with extensive aerospace manufacturing experience in Savannah, GA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Thorough understanding of structures and mech system design criteria including design loads and durability (fatigue and corrosion)
- Solid understanding of design and manufacturing processes involved for both metallic and composite parts with a focus on design for manufacturing and assembly (DFMA)
- Solid understanding of 3D Model Based Definition (3D MBD), and the application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) for details and assemblies Preferred candidates will also have:
- Proficiency in CATIA v5 workbenches: part design (machined parts), sheet metal, Composite Part Design (CPD), FT&A, Kinematics, Knowledge Based Engineering (KBE) tools including use of parameters, design tables, and Visual Basic macros
- Proficiency in SmarTeam PLM database
- Prior work experience includes; maintain type design definition of the aircraft by producing the form, fit, and function documentation
- Engage various engineering, manufacturing and product support teams to complete designs
- Participate in design reviews
- Prepare engineering reports and presentations - Mentoring to junior engineers when required
Qualifications and requirements:
The following unique skills are required:
A fundamental understanding of aircraft design and construction principles.
The ability to effectively work with and support a multi-discipline team of engineers, mechanics, technicians, Quality Control, upper management, etc.
Experience using computer aided design tools such as CCD, CATIA V4 & V5, AutoCAD, or similar in design of aircraft structures.
Strong technical skills with mechanical systems.
Gulfstream engineering experience, e.g. G650, G500, G600.
Experience with Structural Repair Manuals, Illustrated Parts Catalog, Aircraft Maintenance Manuals.
3) Aircraft landing gear experience.
Flexibility to move quickly from one assignment to the next and the ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously.
Practical hands on aircraft repair experience and problem solving.
Familiarity with Airworthiness Authority regulations and showing compliance to such regulations with repairs and rework instructions in a post-production repair station environment.
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required. 10 yrs in specific technical discipline or 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Call Recruiter @ 331-210-5538
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)