Prime Air Avionics Hardware Engineer
Amazon Prime Air •
We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world delivery challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air Team!
The Product Support Organization is looking for an Avionics Hardware Engineer to drive avionics hardware and software designs, enhance manufacturability, perform failure analysis, and drive scalability. This role will be hands-on requiring demonstrated troubleshooting capabilities, innovate within a constrained design space, and efficiently perform with speed.
You will engage with experienced engineers (Electrical, Mechanical, and Software) to support and sustain cutting edge designs, drive key aspects of the product definition, execution, test, and troubleshooting. You will support design validation and reliability, as well as, the transfer to manufacturing; including alternate source component selection and qualification.
Excellent communication skills are a must to build trust and drive alignment across both design and operations spaces. The ideal candidate will have exceptional customer focus, problem solving skills, and the ability to convert lessons learned. You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
Export Control License
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience in one or more of the following areas: avionics, propulsion, test development, navigation systems, control systems, robotics, or autonomous systems
- Bachelor's degree in electrical or computer engineering
- Experience with hardware and software integration
- Demonstrated analog, digital, and/or high-speed circuit design experience
- Knowledge of signal integrity and timing on PCB layout.
- Experience with industry standard PCB design tools
- Ability to operate a broad range of electronic test equipment
- Experience with reliability test methodologies such as HALT, HASS, ORT
- Exposure to high volume manufacturing for electronics, robotics, or avionics products
- Experience with troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and data analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Master’s degree in engineering, computer engineering, or a related technical discipline
- Experience with avionics systems that have been successfully deployed at scale
- Experience with Python, C, SQL, XML
- Familiarity with Change Management
- Experience with flight and maintenance operations
- Familiarity with the creation of custom tooling/equipment for troubleshooting or maintenance
- Proficient with reliability and computational tools like Minitab, Matlab, Mathcad, Altium
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)