Simulation & Software Engineer - 2nd Shift - Savannah, Georgia 20290
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions •
Simulation & Software Engineer - 2nd Shift
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Simulation & Software Engineer with extensive aerospace manufacturing experience in Savannah, GA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Note: This posting is for 2nd shift. Flexibility is required. May have to work 4x10s or 5x8s based upon aircraft program needs. A 30 minute break is included for lunch.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Proficient with the utilization of Simulink in a real time simulation environment
- Experience with Python for the purposes of creating scripts/tools for automation of tests conducted on a real time simulation platform
- Aircraft system simulation experience
- Integration of aircraft system Simulink models to corresponding real aircraft controller hardware
- Experience interacting/updating/troubleshooting real time simulation platforms (eg ADI, NI, Speedgoat)
- Rectifying lab problem reports issues through troubleshooting, solution development and implementation
- Responsible for satisfying lab customer questions and/or test assistance
- Ability to read aircraft/simulation electrical drawings
- Experience integrating various hardware I/O (analog, discrete, data bus, etc) into a real time simulation platform
- Understanding standard aircraft industry I/O protocols (ARINC 429, 664, 485, 717, etc)
- Troubleshooting lab simulation hardware/software and connected auxiliary test equipment
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Five (5) ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services
Essential Functions: 1. Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects 2. Provides specialized technical assistance to team members 3. Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems 4. Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives 5. Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives 6. Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
Additional Functions: 1. Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements 2. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product Perform other duties as assigned.
Other Requirements: 1. Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred
The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Call Recruiter @ 331-210-5538
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)