Role and Responsibilities
**This position is located in Orlando, FL**
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Architect, design, develop, troubleshoot, debug, and implement software
- Design software architectures and programming approaches using standard software approaches
- Expected to work independently with minimal supervision
- Report status on tasks and assignments
- Must be able to generate preliminary and detailed designs as required for enhancements or modifications to existing designs, requiring the application of current industry design concepts and utilization of basic technical writing skills.
- All software implementation phases (code, test, and documentation) are expected to be performed.
- Integration and testing of stand-alone utilities or small sub-systems.
- Must be able to perform effectively as part of the project "team".
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, GIS, or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 yearsu2019 experience developing software applications
- Experience in geospatial technologies such as GDAL, CDB and QGIS
- Experience using Relational Database Management Systems such as Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server, and/or Oracle
- Experience using an IDE such as Microsoft Visual Studio or Eclipse
- Experience using a source code repository such as BitBucket, Mercurial, GIT, or Subversion
- Experience using a defect management system such as Bugzilla, JIRA, or Fogbugz
- Analytical math skills necessary to complete the required tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to perform technical briefings to various groups and engineers
- Experience using Microsoft Office Products such as Powerpoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
Experience in Some of the Following Areas is Required
- Experience with Angular JS, Node, Ext.js
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker/OpenShift and Restful APIs
- Experience working with service-based architectures
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS or Azure
- IAT Level 2 Certification (e.g. Security +)
- Experience with GeoServer, OpenLayers or ESRI APIs
- Experience with OGC Standards such as WMS, WFS, WPS, WCS, GeoPackage, 3D Tiles, IS3, or CDB
- Experience with HTML, HTML5, CSS, XML, XSLT, and JSON
Experience in any of the Following is considered a Plus
- Experience with Presagis Products such as Terra Vista or Creator
- Modeling and simulation technologies such as SE Core CVEM, AVCATT, CCTT, JCATS, JTLS, MTWS, MUSE, VBS2, VBS3, CACCTUS, JSAF, OneSAF, JLCCTC
- Experience with gaming technologies such as Unity 3D, Epic Unreal OBJ, FBX, Improbable SpatialOS, and similar capabilities
- Experience using WebGL
- Professional experience using Calculus and Linear Algebra
- Team lead experience
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Must be able to sit down for long lengths of time.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
- Must be able to travel CONUS and to International sites
- Must be willing to work overtime
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an EOE/AA employer and give consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If youu2019d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster.
- PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractoru2019s legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", weu2019re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.