The Manufacturing Engineer performs complex assignments often requiring development of new or improved products/processes/techniques. This role is responsible for performing standard engineering assignments usually representing a significant portion of a larger project. It is also responsible for selecting engineering techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Develop manufacturing methods and processes required to meet design objectives on new or improved products and/or processes. Compile and evaluate test and production data; prepares technical analysis.
2. Create assembly work instructions.
3. Design tools and fixtures for assembly and acceptance testing.
4. Develop routings and labor standards and updates the EPICOR system.
5. Develop Methods from design engineering drawings and writes and/or modifies assembly work instructions and acceptance test procedures.
6. Perform Line Balancing and Product Line Layouts for increased efficiency and flow.
7. Provide engineering support in the design, fabrication, modification, and evaluation of assembly operations.
8. Provide input to plans, process specifications and procedures, production aids and assembly fixtures, ERP support studies, factory cost work standard’s development, and other related activities.
9. Provide assembly support in technical matters relating to assembly drawing interpretation, engineering change orders, rework, manufacturing difficulties and specifications.
10. Use DFM/DFA Techniques to assist Project/Design Engineering on the development of new products and the redesign of existing products.
11. Advise assembly supervisor to best utilize lean principles to eliminate waste, improve quality, safety, ergonomics, and throughput
12. Provide coaching, counseling, and guidance to assigned work group, monitoring progress, and giving guidance on work performance.
13. Promote a culture of safety by monitoring self and others to assure all duties are performed within the guidelines as specified by the HAECO Safety Manual.
14. Attend required meetings to discuss critical path areas, planned work, critical parts, and overall program status.
15. Interact with Business Planner, Quality Supervisor, and Assembly Supervisor to set and prioritize daily activities and product delivery
16. Create and lead a continuous improvement with emphasis on assembly flow to achieve desired TAKT
17. Participate in daily production meetings and implements relevant production schedules for the business unit.
18. Lead continuous improvement analysis to identify and resolve assembly line process problems, including implementation of Lean and/Six Sigma best practices.
19. Ensure adherence to all HAECO quality and FAA regulations.
Perform special projects as directed.
This position is accountable to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager
1. Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering Degree (BS) from a four-year college or university and a minimum of five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Experience with mechanical systems and lean manufacturing principles.
3. Familiarity with a diverse range of materials (i.e., aluminum alloys, stainless steel alloys, engineering polymers, composites, plastics, etc.).
4. Must have the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications, and technical data.
5. Must be capable of applying statistical analysis techniques such as Design of Experiments, Optimization, Process Reliability, Hypothesis Testing and Regression Analysis.
6. Experience with 3-D Modeling software (Solid Works) is required.
7. Must have strong analytical and mechanical troubleshooting skills.
8. Read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
1. Experience within commercial aircraft interiors products environment.
2. Lean implementation with emphasis on standard work & line balancing.
3. Experience establishing operational objectives and performance metrics.
4. DMAIC problem solving.
5. Six Sigma (green belt or higher).
1. Must be able to maneuver around manufacturing equipment and work areas including climbing steps, stooping, and bending.
2. Must be able to sit and work efficiently at a computer for extended periods of time.
3. Normal or corrected hearing and vision are required.
4. Normal duties involve filing as well as typical office duties that involve stretching, reaching, and stooping with lifting typically limited to 10-20 lbs. maximum