The Senior Mechanical Systems Engineer is responsible for leading and performing engineering tasking including design, analysis, substantiation, interpretation of aircraft manuals/ drawings, etc. related to maintenance, modification and repair of transport category aircraft. Coordinates the preparation of Mechanical Systems engineering drawings, reports and other substantiation data related to the integration of mechanical systems in support of VVIP aircraft completions.
- Support the Engineering Leadership with proposal development and research new technologies/ products to support future business opportunities.
- Ability to travel to support customer meetings and trade shows as necessary.
- Applies area of specialty to author engineering processes and procedures, as well as design, develop and implement creative and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Lead the design, development and integration of mechanical systems & components in support of aircraft interior modifications and mechanical systems upgrades (STC projects).
- Direct the preparation of Engineering data to include Engineering Orders (EO’s), drawings, analysis, test plans and other required substantiation documentation (cooling analysis, flow analysis, trade studies, etc.). Approve Project Deliverables.
- Direct the preparation of aircraft cabin mechanical systems modification/ installation work instructions, procedures and dispositions. Systems include potable water, waste, grey water, ECS design and balance, rack cooling, etc.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor systems integration activities to support timely engineering project schedules.
- Define personnel training and tool requirements to meet final product quality expectations.
- Contribute to the development of Standard Operating Processes (SOP’s) and documentation formats.
- Contribute technical details to Customer Completion Specifications and validate Customer requirements.
- Prepare Documentation for Internal & External Design Reviews.
- Outline, validate and prepare the required Project/ Product Substantiation Documentation.
- Support inquiries from Eng. Support Organizations.
- Attend Configuration Control Board meetings as required.
- Define long-lead materials to support accelerated project timelines.
- Create SOW’s and manage Engineering Outsource Partners.
- Support aircraft Production/ Manufacturing with the build/ installation of components/ kits.
- Collaborate effectively and support the Chief Engineer/ Structural Engineering Leader. Maintain close and frequent communication with the Director of Maintenance, notifying him/her of progress and any road-blocks or threats to the project’s critical path that could impact re-delivery.
- Monitor and support systems integration kit development and parts suppliers (internal and external).
- Coordinate with foreign and domestic approval authorities and their representatives for any necessary assistance and/or approvals, as required.
- Work with Engineering Leaders to establish work-share responsibilities for interrelated discipline work assignments.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Engineer.
- Strive for continuous process improvements and increasing efficiencies in execution and delivery with safety as a priority.
- Deal with Customers in a cordial, respectful and professional manner, and to see to it that all personnel behave accordingly.
- Lead by example at all times; through professional behavior, integrity, commitment to the company and compliance with its policies.
- Ensure the highest quality service, safety standards and performance, with the objective of exceeding customer
satisfaction in the re-delivery of airworthy, reliable and clean aircraft, in a timely manner.