Stress Analysis Engineer- Interior Furnishings: 133227
Global Technical Services •
Looking for a dependable and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Stress Analysis Engineer, Interior Furnishings in Savannah, Georgia. In this position, you will guide successful completion of major engineering programs, or conceive research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of Gulfstream products and services. Matching 401(k) and Insurance is offered on all positions. Apply today... a recruiter will contact you with additional details!
* Perform structural analysis of Gulfstream interior monuments using FEA and classical hand analysis; responsibilities will include both the analysis and certification documentation.
* Select appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues
* Consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field 3
* Anticipate and resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities
* Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule
* Work without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results
* Exercise latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative
* Maintain a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required -or- Equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
* 10 yrs in specific technical discipline -or- 15 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
* Use of finite element analysis for both primary and secondary structures required. * A good understanding of a fast paced completion-style environment
Desired Qualifications:* Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred - Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
* Working knowledge of FEMAP preferred.
* Experience performing structural analysis on interior furnishing is preferred.
* Primary structures experience preferred. MRB experience is preferred.
* Experience working with company delegated structural AR's in an ODA environment in support of new and unique STC certification of aircraft installations preferred.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)