Stress Engineer - Special Missions - Savannah
Aerospace Professional Services, LLC •
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of products and services.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects.
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members.
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives.
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives.
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area.
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements.
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
- Static and fatigue analysis of primary and secondary airframe structure of metallic construction experience.
- Strong background in classical stress analysis.
- Experience with Catia V5 to support stress analysis and drawing release.
- Experience with reviewing 2D drawings.
- Skills in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision. Preferred:
- Experience with aircraft modifications and repairs (STC, MRB, or Service) preferred.
- Static analysis of composite structure, preferably with experience using GAC analysis methods
- Composite allowable testing and certification requirements.
- Experience with Patran/Nastran is a plus.
- Strong preference for engineers that enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)