Sustaining Engineering Manager- Englewood, CO (United Rotorcraft)
Air Methods Corporation •
Oversees the ongoing engineering responsibilities for existing projects and designs, Configuration management organization (CMO), and EPDM management for the organization. Responsibilities include Reliability engineering and ongoing support for manufacturing, product support, and existing design. Defines and supports continuous improvement/lean methodology and initiatives. Estimates the headcount requirements to meet the ongoing support requests along with modification to current systems, as approved and agreed to. Manage company goals for engineering to support on-going production, in-service activity, and sustainable profitability.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
Additional Job Requirements
- Manage manufacturing support effort for shop build timelines through ECOR, NCR and SCRR processes.
- Manage group that is the focal point for all ongoing engineering activities to support fielded product. This includes reliability engineering function.
- Responsible for engineering EPDM interface and functionality. Working with the Engineering Design Manager to ensure proper capability and support for design/sustaining engineering functionality.
- Develop departmental personnel to allow for growth and continued product/process improvement
- Interface with Design Engineering to support on-going design and manufacturing support efforts.
- Support Product Support in the goal of successfully addressing field issues and providing the utmost in customer satisfaction with fielded products.
- Support company goals through change board support and development to allow for controlled change activity that supports a cross-organizational approach to continuous improvement and company advancement.
- Provide support for quotes in support of Product Support activities to allow for accurate and timely response to customer input.
- Manage NCR activity to support manufacturing and vendor supply requirements in a timely and budget sensitive manner.
- Other duties as assigned
Subject to applicable laws and Air Methods policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods employment practices and policies.
- Regular scheduled attendance
- Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling - 5
Directly supervises employees in the liaison, CMO, Product Support and technical engineering support (EPDM) departments. Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, selecting, hiring, training employees, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems. For Exempt Managers: Managers that carry out these responsibilities for two or more employees will have significant input in hiring and termination decisions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
· Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) in Engineering from four-year college or university; and seven or more years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 5-10 years previous experience in modifications of aircraft
· 2-3 years previous engineering supervisory experience required
· Lean enterprise / Process experience desired
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
· Strong business acumen with the ability to understand business situations, strategies, theory, processes, management, budgeting and operations
· Ability to multi-task efficiently, works in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and has a strong attention for detail
· Intermediate experience with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Experience with Solidworks and/or Solidworks EPDM Required.
· Experience with AutoCAD preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Hiring Salary Range: $108,000.00- $137,500.00
- Bonus/Commission Eligible: Yes
- Benefits: Air Methods provides a comprehensive benefits package. We believe our benefits should be as diverse as our teammates. We offer competitive medical, dental and vision coverage along with voluntary accident, hospitalization and critical illness coverage, short and long term disability, life and AD&D, time off programs, pretax and Roth 401(k) with a generous company match, tuition reimbursement, profession training and certifications, dependent care support, EAP and concierge services to name just some of what we have to offer.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)