Lockheed Martin •
Description:There are people who say some ideas are impossible, unattainable, or unrealistic. Then there are those of us who work at Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems. As a part of the Lockheed Martin community, we take on the biggest challenges in the world and find solutions using creativity and teamwork.
And where the solutions don’t exist? We invent them.
So, if you’re looking for the challenge of a lifetime and a team of the brightest minds in the world, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. If you’re looking for a place where learning is a way of life, Rotary and Mission Systems is the place for you. And if you’re looking for a career that’s just as fun as it is hard work, join us today and let’s make a difference together.
Lockheed Martin. Your Mission is Ours.
About our Mission
What does this role look like?
This Systems Engineering position will support multiple Integrated Warfare Systems & Sensors (IWSS) Line of Business (LOB) programs. Specific job responsibilities include the development of element and component-level behavioral analysis, system performance analysis, associated modeling, requirements development, test plan/procedure development and test execution. Position requires knowledge of Linux-based real-time middleware concepts, fault detection / fault isolation concepts, architectures, and products. The engineer will ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into a total system solution that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints. In addition, the engineer will perform functional analysis, computational performance analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into middleware and/or fault detection/fault isolation specifications. Other responsibilities including authoring verification test plans, test procedures and executing element verification testing and perform system integration. Excellent oral and written communications are expected.
Benefits of Employment:
We may not know whats going to change the world next, but chances are were already working on it, and you can, too. As part of our culture of innovation, you’ll have outstanding benefits and amenities, an inclusive work environment, ongoing career development and support, rewards and recognition to honor your hard work, and more.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
At Lockheed Martin we value your unique skills and expertise, and we aim to give back continuously by offering a wide variety of benefits and amenities to help our employees live flexible, healthy, and fulfilling lives at and outside of work. Some of our favorite perks include:
The promotion of Work Life Balance with every Friday off (Flex 4/10 Schedule) or every other Friday off (Flex 9/80) or a straight 5/8 schedule.
A competitive 401k match and bonus
Comprehensive Benefits including Medical/Dental/Life Insurance
Long term stability
A receptive and inclusive culture passionate about career development with tuition assistance and mentoring opportunities
Whether you’re new to the area or just like being socially involved, we encourage everyone to explore among our many employee networks and employee resource groups we have on site. Whatever your interests, there’s likely a community at Lockheed Martin for networking, becoming familiar with the area and enjoying common activities with coworkers.
Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
We support our employees, so they can support our mission.
Life in Moorestown, New Jersey
Located in Burlington County and is an eastern suburb of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Football, hockey, basketball and more are less than a one-hour drive from Moorestown.
This area has a rich past with historical monuments like the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall nearby.
For outdoor enthusiasts, this area offers hiking trails, state parks and warm summers.
- Bachelor Degree or higher in an Engineering field such as Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Information Systems.
- Understanding of systems analysis, design, requirements development, integration and test of Linux/Unix based real-time common middleware and/or fault detection/fault isolation services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of formal system test methods associated with software requirements verification (ET&E), software system regression and performance analysis.
- Ability to identify and isolate system defects during integration and test activities.
- Experience with the use of test diagnostics tools, such as debuggers, message injectors, hardware and network analyzers and simulators.
- U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret Level Clearance
- Ability to develop test scripts (python, bash, csh, perl) and software test drivers (Java) to exercise test procedures on multiple Linux/Unix-based platforms.
- Ability to effectively construct verification, regression and performance analysis test plans and procedures, according to existing Aegis CPS/SIEPs and MS2 Work Instructions.
- Understanding of software product family engineering principles related to the definition of reference architectures, product variants and methods to manage product variation.
- Understanding of the Linux/Unix OE, process management and associated communication principles.
- Ability to define and document system structural and behavioral analysis models necessary for the definition of software requirements specifications (SRS) and verification test threads (regression and ET&E).
- Ability to decompose, define and document system performance requirements and associated key measurements of effectiveness.
- Ability to decompose, define and document software requirements specifications (SRS) associated with the definition of middleware and fault detection/fault isolation operations and component behaviors.
- Ability to conduct product selection and design trade studies that evaluate partner needs against product/design alternatives.
- Ability to interact with a software development team to ensure that developed software products meet documented SRS.
- Ability to prepare briefings and technical reports. Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication.
- Experience with Agile systems development and/or DevOps. Familiarity with continuous integration frameworks such as Jenkins is preferred.
- Experience with IBM DOORS requirements management preferred.
- Experience with SysML/UML and IBM Rhapsody/Cameo/MagicDraw preferred.
- Experience with data management, analytics or prognostics is preferred.
- Ability to review detailed software designs and developed source code. Java experience preferred.
- Other Training: DOORS, SysML/UML/Rhapsody/Cameo/MagicDraw, Linux/Unix, Shell scripting (Bash, Csh, Perl), C/C++, Java, Software test and debug tools, Python, Database (mySQL, noSQL), json, micro-services, automation, Amazon Web Services (AWS), cloud based architecture
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)