Director of Aviation Products & Program Management
Aviation Search Group •
We are working with a leading provider of aircraft sales and acquisitions, avionics, maintenance, parts, paint and interiors, accessories, and FBO services. Our client is in need of a Director of Aviation Products & Program Management.
The Director of Aviation Products & Program Management provides technical direction to teams of engineers executing Research and Development activities targeted at developing current and next generation solutions. Additionally, this role coordinates closely with Business Development to achieve the business objectives with respect to strategy development and customer engagement.
- Provide technical direction and track engineering performance on research and development activities associated with product development.
- Direct engineering, product quality and manufacturing teams’ organization to integrate various sensor, communication, processing and other capabilities into integrated solutions.
- Partner with P&L Leadership and Business Development to develop business strategies and opportunities.
- Interface with customers to understand current and future requirements and present solutions to those customers.
- Oversee the development of technical roadmaps and then execution of the activities defined by those roadmaps to support long term strategic goals.
- Serve as a senior engineering leader and as such take an active role in the continued development and advancement of the engineering organization.
- Lead technical responses to customer requests for information and internal requests for technical information to build competitive proposals. Works closely with select internal and external customers to gather product or program requirements and assists Sales with customer presentations (as the “expert”) for the new product or service offerings
- Works with internal teams to properly position, promote, and price new product or service offering
- Builds & maintains relationship with manufacturers, vendors & customers (present and potential) and builds strong partnerships as required to aid in maintaining or improving customer perception of the company.
- Motivate and lead a high performance team; define required skillsets, attract, recruit and retain required members of the team not currently in place; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the career development program.
- Responsible for maintaining an accident free and environmentally compliant workplace.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline; engineering or computer science, MBA or MIS desired or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of product management experience
- 10+ years of aviation experience desired
- 5+ years of management experience
- Experience in Lean Processes and 5S preferred
- Inventory and Obsolescence management experience a plus
- Technical Product experience a plus
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)