Role and Responsibilities
At CAE, we equip people in critical roles with the expertise and solutions to create a safer world. As a technology company, we digitalize the physical world, deploying software-based simulation training and critical operations support solutions. Above all else, we empower pilots, cabin crew, airlines, defence and security forces and healthcare practitioners to perform at their best every day and when the stakes are the highest. Around the globe, weu2019re everywhere customers need us to be with more than 13,000 employees in approximately 250 sites and training locations in over 40 countries. CAE represents more than 75 years of industry firstsu2014the highest-fidelity flight, mission and medical simulators and training programs powered by digital technologies. We embed sustainability in everything we do. Today and tomorrow, weu2019ll make sure our customers are ready for the moments that matter.
Head of Finance u2013 Kuala Lumpur
Based at our Civil Aviation Training Centre in Kuala Lumper, the Head of Finance is responsible for the complete accounting and financial aspects of the company, as well as preparing the management reports and reviewing company accounts.
You will possess a strong commercial understanding of the business, provide an immediate and accurate financial performance assessment, and provide valuable and appropriate support to all stakeholders in the achievement of the companyu2019s performance and business plans.
A true business partner position, we are looking for someone who is a strong leader and has the ability to build relationships across key stakeholders.
Are you ready to:
- Manage and lead finance team members.
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, journal and expense accruals
- Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss and full financial statements.
- Maintain accounting controls by updating, recommending, and ensuring alignment to company policies & procedures.
- Prepare all Month End reporting
- Ensure compliance to IFRS and local accounting standards.
- Prepare statutory audit reports inclusive of consolidated financial statements.
- Manage & liaise with auditors
- Preparation of tax package & schedules. Support & liaise with tax agents for tax compliance.
- Prepare & analyze management reports including trend analysis, cost centers and ratios.
- Monthly reporting & presentation to GM and Regional Leaders.
- Preparation of budgets and forecasting.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Full qualifications as an accountant (ACCA/ICAEW/CIMA or equivalent) with at least 10 years relevant experience
- Worked in a multinational corporation with experience in a multi-entity/country environment
- Ability to handle full set of accounts with strong general ledger skill set.
- Confidence, a self-starter and possess the ability to operate in a dynamic environment.
- Attention to detail and deadline oriented.
- Up-to-date knowledge of accounting standards & accounting principles (IFRS, GAAP, SOX)
- Computer literate with good Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong ERP and IT systems knowledge. Hands on experience in Oracle Cloud and Gemini.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, excellent English skills and another language would be a bonus
- Finance and business acumen.
- an environment where your initiatives will be recognized and valued.
- the opportunity to work on a variety of projects on a multidisciplinary team.
- attractive employee benefits.
Come share your passion with us!
Read our FY23 Annual Activity and Corporate Social Responsibility Report
Follow us on Twitter: CAEInc
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", weu2019re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity or age.