Since 1967, Jet Aviation has been crafting flight in its smoothest form. From one hangar in Basel, Switzerland, to some 4,000 employees, and some 50 locations worldwide. Aircraft Management, Aircraft Sales, Charter, Completions, Defence, FBO, Fixed and Rotary Wing Maintenance, and Staffing. Behind every seamless Jet Aviation experience, is a team of dedicated professionals perfecting the art of flight. The artisans of aviation. The craft that brings our customers’ journey to life. In the hangar, on the ground, and behind the scenes. Enabling global flight, with passion.
The Vice President of Finance is responsible for not only the day-to-day management of the external clients accounting team and financial activity but also for the long-term strategy of the company’s financial position. You will be vital in improving and creating our workflows and processes, while also developing insightful reports for key executives to drive fiscal responsibility, profitability, and the overall growth of the organization.
Duties and responsibilities
- Directing financial planning, analysis, and strategy
- Analyzing and reporting on financial performance at regular intervals
- Overseeing the accounting and auditing functions
- Developing, implementing, and improving accounting and financial processes
- Management of the Accounting Team, including but not limited to training, performance, feedback, discipline, termination, interviewing, selection, and hiring
- Preparing forecasts and comprehensive budgets in partnership with department heads and executive leadership
- Assessing, managing, and minimizing risk
- Managing internal controls
- Reviewing applicable contracts and agreements for fiscal responsibility and areas for improvement and, when necessary, assisting with the negotiation of contracts to minimize financial impact
- Ensuring compliance with and adherence to applicable local, state, and federal laws
- Partnering with key leaders to drive continuous improvement and growth of the organization
- Other duties as assigned by appropriate members of the executive leadership
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while in an office environment. The work is typically done while sitting at a desk or table. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Experience and Qualifications
The most successful candidate in the position will meet most, if not all, of the following criteria
- Proven and progressive experience in accounting and finance leadership roles is a must, with at least 5-7 years of managerial experience highly preferred.
- Previous experience in aviation is preferred, with in-depth knowledge of the Part 135 industry highly desired.
- Bachelors degree preferred in accounting, finance, business, or a related field.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws, and best practices
- Experience leading growing teams and scaling an organization is required.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office tools and/or Google Suite is a must.
- An analytical but growth-oriented mindset with the ability to think tactfully and strategically
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- A CPA or other relevant qualification is a plus.
- Exceptional knowledge of FP&A and forecasting
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be willing to take on new challenges as
Jet Aviation provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.