Manages internal audit team and co-source internal auditor relationship as well as external auditor relationship. Performs and supervises financial audits of various business processes and control activities to ensure effective design, implementation and effectiveness of controls and compliance with applicable COSO framework and applicable laws and regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage multiple service providers as well as internal team of internal auditors.
- Conducts various financial internal audits to ensure accuracy and compliance with internal control framework (COSO) and any laws and regulations.
- Identifies improper accounting or documentation and researches issues.
- Works closely with external auditors in the internal control testing.
- Analyzes and evaluates the design, implementation, and effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of operations for management in the Company.
- Interview individuals to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with business units, counterparts, and internal customers, etc. to achieve business results.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree (B.A. / B.S.) in Accounting or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years of related financial auditing experience either in public accounting or corporate auditing at a publicly traded company.
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Knowledge of Workday Financial and Human Capital Management system preferred, but not required.
Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Able to move about the work environment.
Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typically, not exposed to extreme environmental conditions.
Travel up to 5 of the time, including overnight travel.