Sr Procurement Agent, Prime Air
Amazon Prime Air •
We are working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative, fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come join the Amazon Prime Air team!
As part of a team of supply chain professionals, you will develop and manage strategies, performance, and relations with suppliers for various hardware, facilities and services. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of supplier management, product design, and schedules. This position will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safety and reliability.
• The evaluation, sourcing, and development of the supply base to support the research, development and production
• Ensures systems are designed, fabricated and delivered on time to support program requirements
• Guide sourcing activity including status, history, criticality, operational performance
• Works with program stakeholders to identify long lead procurement requirements
• Evaluates suitability, stability, and risk of current and potential suppliers with regard to financial health, staffing, quality, throughput, technical capability, and reputation
• Leads suppliers through the resolution of discrepancies or schedule delays, including corrective and preventive actions and recovery plans
• Works with cross-functional teams to develop strategies for obtaining first time quality throughout the supply chain
• Leads supplier negotiations on complex procurement contracts
• Conducts periodic supplier reviews
Export Control License
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
Key job responsibilities
- Optimize our supplier base and consolidate
- Strategized Purchase Order placement
- Make quick decisions to support our customer requirements while following Amazon guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in a supply chain discipline or related field
- 5 - 7 years minimum experience with hardware
- Supply chain management experience with progressively more responsibility
- Experience in sourcing for both development and production programs
- Experience with business communications including presentations and reports
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams, and independently
- Proven experience with business communication and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Minimum 2 years of supplier quality experience
- Experience with Electronic commodities
- ERP implementation experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)